Tuesday, January 18, 2005

News on your iPod

Many news sites provide RSS news feeds, genereally they are categorized like Science and Technology, Business, Entertainment etc. Technical Introduction to RSS news feed

I was wondering if these sites also provide an mp3 new file so that I can say updated my iPod every day in the morning with latest news and listen to it while I am going to work. I know the easier method would be to read a news paper on the tube but in the morning the tubes are so crowded that it is not at all possible to read anything ( some people do manage it but I am not one of them)

Since everyday in the moring I start up the PC ( if it has not been running through the night ) and check the weather report and the tube status etc( if I actually write the mobile program that I was talking about in my previous blog, I wouldnt have to turn on the PC in the morning), additionally I can now also select the news that I am interesting in listening, just select the news article and I should have the news article in mp3 format downloaded to my machine, all that is left to do is connect my iPod to the PC and sync. If you have gone through the RSS Introduction above you will see that the only thing required is a new link in the RSS feed that points to the mp3 file that contains the news in the audio format(well that is what I think).

No comments: