Saturday, October 30, 2004

Hot deplyment in WL8.1

I have been working on setting my development env for hot deployment into WL81 for a couple of days. At times I have stopped looking aroung and just bounce the server to get the work done rather than spending my time searching through all the docs and books.

Finally today I solved the problem with a little help from my friends at work. I was very happy about it since now I could make changes to the DAO and EJBs without bouncing the server.( bouncing the server too is not a major problem since I am using WinKey and Ctr-Win-2, starts the server, Win-2 shows the console).

I was just going to write about how I went about solving the problem of hot deployment, when I googled for the same on WL and someone else had the similar problem and posted it on Javaranch ( I wonder how I missed that while googling stuff at work ???). So I decided to write back to his post describing what I did.

Here is that post

No comments: