Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I can only hot deploy stuff to the admin WL server :-(

About a couple of days back I configured my WL for hot deployment so I didnt have to bounce the server every time I changed the code and recompiled the stuff.

Now since I am working on 2 projects at the same time I have to set up 2 server envs, since they both of them are using different Connection Pools and stuff. So I thought I will create a managed server to the existing domain.
So here is what I will be having
1. Admin Server - this is working fine with the hot deployment and stuff.
2. The additional Server with the new data sources and differnt EJBs and stuff.

But I had a feeling that hot deplyment only works in case applications are deplyoed to the admin server. I have a read through Weblogic Definitive Guide and it seems so. That is really not good since I wanted to swap between working on the 2 projects and I dont want to go about setting up the local server env every time I switch between it.

Now I have a few alternatives
1. Let go of hot deployment on one of the projects that is not running on the admin server.
2. Create a new domain and the I will hot deplyment on both the projects that I am working on.


No comments: