Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Issues with the program uptill now

1. How do I set up the default select command while I am displaying the list of saved images.
2. When I save a map in the actual phone, I am not taken to a different screen after clicking on OK for the sucessfull save dialog.
3. Possibly have a different message to be displayed depending on the type of operation being performed, like "Sending Request for Image", and "Sending Request for Search"
4. The name of the map to be displayed in the title for the map display screen.
5. Handling the case where in I cannot save the map since I have run out of phone memory space.
6. Probally porting the application to MIDP1.0 so that it can run in older phones.
7. Addiing bluetooth facility to the phone.
8. I am not able to zoom into a saved image, I guess I am also not able to navigate in anyother direction using a saved image.

1 comment:

Vivek said...

1. Setting up the default select command was done using List.setSelectCommand
8. This was solved since I was not storing the 'client' name while I was serializing the map information xml response. It should be noted here and the 'client' parameter as specified in the MIDP properties is used only in the initial search but not during subsiquent searchs.
2. Probally solved, since I am not explicitly specifying setCurrent after displaying the Alert box.